If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A non traditional pizza thats perfect for fall! —The Spoon and Pint
Makes 1 pizza
- 1 store bought medium thick pizza crust
- olive oil
- 3 ounces pancetta
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 pinch sage leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 apple (sliced thin)
- 1/2 pound smoked gouda cheese
- shredded mozzarella
- shredded parmesan
- honey to taste
- Place onions and pancetta with 2 tablespoons of butter and a pinch of sage leaf in a skillet. Sauté the onions until they are caramelized.
- ) Olive oil your pizza crust on both sides. Sprinkle mozzarella on the crust first. Then place your caramelized pancetta/ onion mixture on top of the mozzarella cheese. We dumped the wonderful grease from the skillet right on the pizza. A little grease won’t hurt anyone! After all, it’s where all the flavor lives!
- Now crumble some of the smoked gouda on top of the onions/ pancetta. Place your thinly sliced apples on next. We did not use the whole apple, just enough slices to cover the pizza. Put more of your crumbled Gouda on top of the apples. Drizzle honey on top.
- Place that pretty autumn festive pizza on the grill and cook until crispy. We used an electric GMG wood pellet grill and grilled on 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or so.