Author Notes: After making a trifle - I was searching for a way to use up leftover cake pieces. That led me to an old family favourite that I switched up a little to make these rich and delicious chocolate treats. We normally make them at Christmas or give them out as gifts - but they're a delicious indulgence any time of year. —aussiefoodie
cups Vanilla cake crumbs
tablespoons Cointreau or Cognac
grams Dark chocolate
grams Mini chocolate chips
- Put the cake chunks into a food processor to make crumbs and set aside.
- Add half the dark chocolate to the food processor and process until the chocolate is the consistency of bread crumbs. Set aside
- Add the marmalade, chocolate chips and Cointreau to the cake.
- With the remaining dark chocolate, melt it in a bowl over double boiler on medium low heat until smooth consistency. Then add to the cake mixture.
- Form the mixture into balls and roll in the chocolate 'shavings'. Refrigerate until firm. Stores in the refrigerator for at least a week (or until eaten first!)