If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After making a trifle - I was searching for a way to use up leftover cake pieces. That led me to an old family favourite that I switched up a little to make these rich and delicious chocolate treats. We normally make them at Christmas or give them out as gifts - but they're a delicious indulgence any time of year. —aussiefoodie
cups Vanilla cake crumbs
tablespoons Cointreau or Cognac
grams Dark chocolate
grams Mini chocolate chips
- Put the cake chunks into a food processor to make crumbs and set aside.
- Add half the dark chocolate to the food processor and process until the chocolate is the consistency of bread crumbs. Set aside
- Add the marmalade, chocolate chips and Cointreau to the cake.
- With the remaining dark chocolate, melt it in a bowl over double boiler on medium low heat until smooth consistency. Then add to the cake mixture.
- Form the mixture into balls and roll in the chocolate 'shavings'. Refrigerate until firm. Stores in the refrigerator for at least a week (or until eaten first!)