If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A recipe for classic amaretti, inherited from my mother. They come out of oven chewy and get crisper the longer you store them. Great with a cappuccino. —Vera Kern
- 1 egg white
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 100 grams sugar
- 100 grams almond flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F (170° C).
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whip the egg white with the salt and almond extract until slightly stiff.
- Fold in the sugar.
- Fold in the almond flour.
- Shape small balls from the dough, I make them smaller than an inch. The dough is pretty sticky so I create the basic shape between my fingers and then roll the dough on the parchment paper to achieve a smooth surface.
- Sift powered sugar of the cookies.
- Bake for about 15 min.
- Take out of the oven and remove from the baking tray. Let cool.
More Great Recipes: Cookies