Author Notes: A recipe for classic amaretti, inherited from my mother. They come out of oven chewy and get crisper the longer you store them. Great with a cappuccino. —Vera Kern
teaspoon almond extract
grams almond flour
tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F (170° C).
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whip the egg white with the salt and almond extract until slightly stiff.
- Fold in the sugar.
- Fold in the almond flour.
- Shape small balls from the dough, I make them smaller than an inch. The dough is pretty sticky so I create the basic shape between my fingers and then roll the dough on the parchment paper to achieve a smooth surface.
- Sift powered sugar of the cookies.
- Bake for about 15 min.
- Take out of the oven and remove from the baking tray. Let cool.