If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One bowl pumpkin spiced cake with maple glaze —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes one loaf or three mini loaves
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs, light beaten
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a regular sized loaf pan or three mini loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the pumpkin, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Sift in flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt. Mix with a spatula until moistened.
- Pour batter in pan(s). Bake 50 to 55 minutes for a regular loaf, 20 to 25 minutes for mini loafs, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- To prepare the glaze, mix powdered sugar, cream and maple syrup together. Whisk slowly until slightly thickened and pourable.
- Spoon glaze over the cake(s) and decorate with sprinkles if preferred.