Makes: more than one person can eat
7 to 8
cups popped popcorn (from about 1/3 cup kernels)
cup raw hulled pumpkin seeds
cup sliced almonds
cup unsweetened coconut chips
cups raw pecans, left whole or very roughly chopped
cup pure maple syrup
cup extra-virgin olive oil
cup packed light brown sugar
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 300° F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- In a large bowl, mix everything together. Don't worry about smashing some of the popcorn—you want it to be well coated.
- Spread mixture in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Transfer to oven and bake, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes, until crispy, about 45 minutes.
- Remove granola from oven and season with more salt to taste. Let cool completely before serving or storing. You may get big chunks of brittle-like popcorn candy. Embrace it! I do not know how long this stores for exactly, as we ate it all in 2 days, but I imagine it will stay good for at least a week, though your popcorn may soften slightly.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!