If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes one 9- by 13-inch pan of bars
- 1 cup almond or peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey, agave, or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce or fruit compote (I, strangely enough, used quince sauce!)
- Olive oil, as needed
- 4 to 6 cups popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups whole walnuts or almonds or a combination
- 1/3 cup raw hulled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup raw hulled sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed
- Line a 9- by 13-inch baking pan with parchment or wax paper so that you have overhang.
- In a small pot over low heat, warm the nut butter, honey, and applesauce until melted. You want a sauce that is loose enough to cover the popcorn kernels and become evenly distributed amongst them. You may need to whisk in some olive oil (a couple of tablespoons) to achieve this consistency.
- In a large bowl, mix together popcorn, nuts, pumpkin seeds, coconut, sunflower seeds, and flax seed. Pour over the nut butter mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Dump into the prepared pan, then use plastic wrap to mush the mixture down evenly. Freeze overnight, then slice into bars! Store in the freezer.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!