If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whether you're looking to give those traditional Thanksgiving recipes a face lift, or brainstorming new ways to make the most of all your leftovers, whip up these Hearty Turkey Empanadas this holiday season! —Rojo's
pounds Ground Turkey
Green Onions, Chopped
ounce Rojo's Thick & Chunky Picante (Mild)
cup Shredded Cheese or Cheese Alternative of Choice (Recommended: Sharp Cheddar Cheese)
ounces Refrigerated Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line large baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with pan spray; set aside.
- In large skillet, brown turkey with onions until onions are tender.
- Add ¾ cup Rojo’s Thick & Chunky Picante-Mild and cheese; heat on low, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Unroll pizza dough and cut into 4 quarters.
- Divide filling into 4 equal portions and spoon 1 portion onto 1 quarter of dough.
- For each empanada, fold 1 side of dough over filling to meet other side and press edges together to seal tightly.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with remaining salsa.