If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Lemon Chicken Recipe is, much like our Mom, the hands-down best. Why is it among our most-requested recipes? Perhaps it's because the chicken is marinated in white wine and lemon juice, or that it's topped with a sprinkle of brown sugar or, it could be because it's baked in a citrus broth mixture to juicy perfection. You better stock up on lemons because this Lemon Chicken is going to become a weeknight staple. —bitememore
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided in half
- 6 lemon slices
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, for topping
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, white wine and chicken breasts in a large glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13x9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Remove chicken from marinade (discard remaining marinade) and lightly coat in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil over medium heat. Add half the chicken breasts and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer browned chicken to the prepared baking dish and repeat with remaining 2 tbsp oil and chicken, adding to baking dish in a single layer.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over chicken breasts. Pour chicken broth and lemon juice around chicken. Top each breast with a lemon slice and bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.