If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Branch out from your traditional Thanksgiving turkey recipe this year and try this unique, crowd-pleasing turkey tamale pie recipe that's sure to delight any palate. —Rojo's
Serves 4 - 6
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- 4 Green Onions (cut in ½ inch pieces)
- 1 15 oz. Container of your favorite salsa (I prefer Rojo's Homestyle Fresh Cut Salsa – Medium)
- 1 Can Sliced Ripe Black Olives (drained)
- 1 cup Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 3/4 cup Cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese or Cheese Alternative of Choice (Recommended: Sharp Cheddar Cheese)
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a 9-inch square pan with pan spray; set aside.
- In large skillet, brown turkey; drain. Stir in remaining filling ingredients and heat through.
- In saucepan, whisk together cornmeal, chili powder and salt. Stir in water and, stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until thickened. Add butter and cheese and stir until well mixed.
- Spread ½ of cornmeal mixture over bottom of prepared pan then add filling and spread evenly. Spread remaining cornmeal mixture over filling. Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown.