If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The green jello salad has been a staple on our table for decades. It's really a dessert, but we eat it alongside savory mains and its creamy texture is oddly good as part of a fork-bite including meat. According to family, this was the most sought-after dish at Great Aunt Ruth Ellen's table: "It heralded the beginning of the Christmas season because it was always made in a Christmas tree-shaped Jell-O mold,” they say. —laurenlocally
- 1 packet lime jello
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 small can pears, drained and mashed
- 2 packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pint whip cream
- Dissolve jello in hot water and cool to room temperature.
- Blend the cream cheese with the pears, then add in the room temperature jello.
- Whip 1/2 pint of cream until it just holds.
- Gently blend all ingredients together until almost uniform.
- Pour into a (Christmas tree) mold. Chill for four hours.