If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: How can anyone resist this stack of whole yogurt pancake? Crushed nuts, blackberries & strawberries drizzled with dark chocolate sauce. —xlbcr
Makes 8 pancakes (d3.5")
Whole Wheat Yogurt Pancake
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 135 milliliters greek yogurt (or normal plain yogurt)
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 60 milliliters melted butter or olive oil
- 60 milliliters milk
Fruits & Syrup
- handfuls Berries (you can substitute with other fruits)
- handfuls crushed almonds & walnuts
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate bar (melted)
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl – whole wheat, all purpose, baking soda & powder, salt. After which mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl with a whisk and incorporate well together – greek yogurt, eggs, honey, butter, milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well until no visible lumps right before cooking (so that the gluten have lesser development time. Do not over mix the batter. The batter shouldn't be too runny, it should have a consistency like honey. If its too dry & lumpy, add more milk. If its too runny, add more flour to adjust.
- Preheat the pan on low heat, spray with non stick oil or add in a tbs of oil & spread evenly with paper towel. Ladle 1 to 2 spoons of batter to the center of the pan, move the pan around to let the batter spread evenly and form into circle in shape. I have about 1 1/2 tbs of batter to make a 3.5″ pancake. When bubbles start forming on the surface of the pancake. Flip the pancake around and cook the other side until both sides are evenly browned. Set aside to cool & continue the same process for the rest of the batter. (I only oiled twice for 8 pancakes)
- After you’re done, stack your pancakes and top with tons of fruits, crushed nuts & drizzle with any sauce of your choice.