If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my first dessert recipes I ever attempted, and it’s from my wonderful grandmother. She made this with the grandchildren in mind. There’s no oatmeal in this recipe. She knew we didn’t like it. —The Spoon and Pint
Makes 7x11 pan
- 8 apples, sliced and peeled
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- ice cream for serving
- Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 7×11 pan. Layer sliced apples in the pan, will be about half full. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Pour the water over the apples and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, flour, and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the apples. Sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon for good measure.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Wait as patiently as you can while you inhale and exhale glorious apple and cinnamon scents. Let it veg’ out for a few minutes until set, and then you can dig in! Top with ice cream and caramel. Yummers.
- Disclaimers: 1)Use eight apples if they are small. Pan should be half full. Use your best judgment. We only used one and a half and had a pan full! 2) If you enjoy cooking with beer, you can substitute the 1/2 cup of water with a dark or saison style beer!