Author Notes: This recipe is so good, I have to bring it with me every time I serve it somewhere. It was given to me by my friend Terry Coleman who won a blue ribbon award with it; Since then, I've made a few changes and it just gets better every time I make it. Helpful Hint: Taking a photo of this recipe will make it easier to provide when the person eating it asks. And they will! —Michelle Boucher
cup Corn meal
cup Milk (whole or 2%)
cup melted butter
tablespoon melted butter - set aside
- Optional: Use 1 - 8 oz can creamed corn and reduce milk to 1/4 cup.
- Heat over to 350. Spray 9 x 13 glass or ceramic baking pan with Pam.
- Mix Bisquick, cornmeal and sugar together.
- In separate bowl, mix eggs, and milk, then blend into dry mixture, stirring well.
- Add 1/2 cup melted butter slowly into mixture while stirring.
- Pour into baking pan, bake 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown. If using creamed corn, it may need a few more minutes.
- Brush with remaining butter when done.