If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Looking for a new twist on traditional mashed potatoes for your holiday dinner table? Reinvent your best mashed potato recipe with one of our chef’s renditions. With the addition of only a few ingredients, this is sure to surprise your guests. Wine pairing suggestions are included, too. —Jordan Winery
- 4-6 Servings of mashed Russet potatoes
- 5 Meyer lemons, zested
- 1/4 cup Hazelnuts, toasted and cracked
- 1 tablespoon Hazelnut oil
- 2 teaspoons Marjoram, chopped
- additional hazelnuts, microplaned for garnish
- additional lemon, zested for garnish
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Follow your favorite mashed potato recipe to completion. (Our chef recommends heating butter and cream together before folding into potatoes and adding salt during the fold, which ensures even seasoning, eliminates the need to reheat the finished product and decreases risk of over mashing.) Fold in lemon zest, cracked hazelnuts, hazelnut oil and marjoram. Garnish with additional crushed nuts, lemon zest and herbs. Season to taste and serve. The bright citrus flavors complement the crisp fruit in Jordan Chardonnay, while the toasted nuts highlight the wine’s subtle oak nuances.