If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are a classic in my family, not too sweet, not too rich. Lovely orange color with a tiny kick. —Carl Williamson
- 5 Peeled red, russet or baking potatoes
- 5 Peeled orange sweet potatoes or yams
- 1 pinch Salt
- Start the salted water to boil, add the white potatoes, cut in large chunks.
- Cook 15 minutes, then add the chunked sweet potatoes and cook another 10 minutes, or until both are tender.
- Drain off all water.
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Light Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons Horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- Add above ingredients to drained potatoes and mash. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- These will be smooth, beautiful light orange color. Not sweet. Can be served with or without gravy. Reheat in covered glass casserole or microwave. Easy to prepare the day before. Can be frozen.