This mac-n-cheese is ridiculously rich and creamy - pure soul food, only a little more decadent. We love to serve this as a main entree at our seasonal holiday feasts. —Amy Hebert
- Serves 6-8
pasta (something like orecchiette, radiatore or fusilli to carry the sauce)
sharp white cheddar
Italian breadcrumbs to taste
salt to taste
pepper to taste
In This Recipe
- Prep your cooking ingredients - mince the garlic, mince the yellow onion & shred the cheeses.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook & drain the pasta - set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan.
- Sauté the minced garlic & onion until tender.
- Add the flour one tablespoon at a time & stir until mixture begins to clump.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring occasionally, until smooth & creamy.
- Gradually add the cheese, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Salt and pepper the cheese sauce to taste.
- Transfer pasta to a buttered casserole dish.
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta & top with Italian bread crumbs.
- Bake until the top is brown and bubbly.