If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This mac-n-cheese is ridiculously rich and creamy - pure soul food, only a little more decadent. We love to serve this as a main entree at our seasonal holiday feasts. —Amy Hebert
- 16 ounces pasta (something like orecchiette, radiatore or fusilli to carry the sauce)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces smoked gouda
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar
- 4 ounces pepper jack
- Italian breadcrumbs to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Prep your cooking ingredients - mince the garlic, mince the yellow onion & shred the cheeses.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook & drain the pasta - set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan.
- Sauté the minced garlic & onion until tender.
- Add the flour one tablespoon at a time & stir until mixture begins to clump.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring occasionally, until smooth & creamy.
- Gradually add the cheese, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Salt and pepper the cheese sauce to taste.
- Transfer pasta to a buttered casserole dish.
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta & top with Italian bread crumbs.
- Bake until the top is brown and bubbly.