- Prep time 20 minutes
- Cook time 1 hour
- Serves 6-8
We love this spicy mac-n-cheese all football season long - an absolute hit at any Super Bowl party. —Amy Hebert
pasta (orecchiette, radiatore, fusilli, anything that will help carry the sauce)
pepper jack cheese
salt & pepper to taste
Italian breadcrumbs to taste
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep your cooking ingredients - mince the garlic, mince the yellow onion, seed & mince the jalapeños, shred the cheese, combine the flour & dry seasonings.
- Cook & drain the pasta - set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan.
- Sauté the minced garlic, onion & jalapeño until tender.
- Add flour & dry seasoning mixture one tablespoon at a time - stir until mixture begins to clump.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring occasionally, until smooth & creamy.
- Gradually add the cheese, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Salt and pepper the cheese sauce to taste.
- Transfer pasta to a buttered casserole dish.
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta.
- Top with Italian bread crumbs, then bake until the top is brown and bubbling.