We love this spicy mac-n-cheese all football season long - an absolute hit at any Super Bowl party.
We love this spicy mac-n-cheese all football season long - an absolute hit at any Super Bowl party.—Amy Hebert
ounces pasta (something like orecchiette, radiatore or fusilli to carry the sauce)
ounces pepper jack cheese
teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt to taste
pepper to taste
Italian breadcrumbs to taste
In This Recipe
- Prep your cooking ingredients - mince the garlic, mince the yellow onion, mince the jalapeño & shred the cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook & drain the pasta - set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan.
- Sauté the minced garlic, onion & jalapeño until tender.
- Add the flour one tablespoon at a time & stir until mixture begins to clump.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring occasionally, until smooth & creamy.
- Gradually add the cheese, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Salt and pepper the cheese sauce to taste.
- Transfer pasta to a buttered casserole dish.
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta & top with Italian bread crumbs.
- Bake until the top is brown and bubbly.