If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love Sweet Potato Pie but a slice can be too much for me. I was going to make tarts but decided on tartlets.
I tried for less sweet and less spicy so the lovely roasted sweets could shine. I love brown butter and used it in the crust and in the filling.
We never had the marshmallow sweet potatoes growing up, instead my mother roasted them in orange juice. So I added Grande Marnier to this recipe for the orange note , cardamom as the spice along with a touch of black pepper.
These bites are sweet but not too. They can be a canapé along side spiced nuts or paired with good ham. I think they could also be served with a cheese course. Or just something sweet served with coffee.
I hope you enjoy them!
Makes: 36 +
Brown Butter Pate Brisee
ounces Brown butter frozen cut into bits
cups All purpose flour
cup Ice water
teaspoon Kosher salt
teaspoon Raw sugar ground fine
- In the bowl of a food processor pulse four,salt, and sugar. Drop the butter in and pulse until the mixture is a coarse meal.
- Add water in a slow stream until it forms a ball.
- Gather it up and form a disc. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least two hours. Overnight is fine.
- Roll crust thin, about an 1/8 of an inch.
- Cut them out with a 2 1/2 inch cutter. Fit the dough into the cups of a tartlet pan.
- Fill each tart with a tablespoon of the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Cool on a rack and remove from pan.
Sweet Potato Filling
cup Creme Fraiche
Vanilla bean seeded
teaspoon Kosher salt
cup Brown sugar ( not packed)
teaspoon Fresh ground black pepper
tablespoons Grande Marnier
cups Roasted sweet potatoes
- Roast 3 sweet potatoes in a 350 degree oven for about 1 1/2 hours. Scoop out the flesh to make 2 cups.
- Put all of the ingredients except the sweet potatoes in the bowl of a food processor. Blend thoroughly. Add sweets and purée.
- * I think roasting the potatoes really contributes to the flavor.*
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Brown Butter
More Great Recipes: