If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A twisted grilled cheese sandwich loaded with the classic comfort flavors of lasagna. —Joanie Simon
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 3 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1/2 cup Traina Sun Dried Tomato Ketchup
- 8 slices thick crusty bread
- 4 tablespoons mayonaise
- Cook and crumble sausage, strain off the fat and set aside
- Mix together the ricotta, 3 ounces shredded Parmesan, ½ tsp dried oregano, ¼ tsp granulated garlic and 2 T fresh, minced parsley.
- Heat a non-stick or cast-iron skillet over medium high heat
- Take two pieces of bread and spread some of the Traina Sun Dried Tomato Ketchup on both pieces. Then, layer on one of them ¼ of the ricotta mixture, ¼ of the sausage, ¼ of the provolone and place the other slice of bread, ketchup side down, on top.
- Spread 1 T of mayo on top of the top slice of bread, then place the sandwich mayo side down in the heated pan, using a spatula to help steady your sandwich. You should hear it searing, though not burning. If the heat is too high, turn it down. Once it’s seared and golden brown (approximately 1 – 2 minutes), smear mayo on the un-browned top, then flip and sear another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sliced down the middle.