Author Notes: based on a recipe by Michael Symon, these mashed potatoes scream autumn! —Jane Katz
pounds russet potatoes
cup sour cream
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the potatoes for 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Mash potatoes with a masher or a ricer, if you've got one
- Cook the butter and sage over a medium-low heat until the milk solids turn dark golden. This should take 4-5 minutes. Fish out the sage leaves once the brown butter darkens.
- Add 8 tbs of butter the potatoes with milk and sour cream. Mash and stir some more.
- Serve potatoes with an extra drizzle of brown butter and if you're feeling decorative, a sage leaf on top!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Brown Butter
More Great Recipes: