If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: based on a recipe by Michael Symon, these mashed potatoes scream autumn! —Jane Poretsky
- 3.5 pounds russet potatoes
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 sprigs sage
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the potatoes for 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Mash potatoes with a masher or a ricer, if you've got one
- Cook the butter and sage over a medium-low heat until the milk solids turn dark golden. This should take 4-5 minutes. Fish out the sage leaves once the brown butter darkens.
- Add 8 tbs of butter the potatoes with milk and sour cream. Mash and stir some more.
- Serve potatoes with an extra drizzle of brown butter and if you're feeling decorative, a sage leaf on top!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Brown Butter
More Great Recipes: