If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
cloves Garlic, minced
teaspoon Truffle Salt
bunch Lemon Thyme
pounds Hanger Steak
tablespoon Salted Butter
- Preheat oven to roast at 400.
- Rinse steak under cool water, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Carefully trim any silver skin from the steak.
- Slow cooking will melt the tough tissue away, but when grilling, searing, or broiling, you want to make sure that this part of the meat is removed.
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or other oven-safe skillet) over medium heat.
- Add pasture butter to skillet, and cook until butter starts to brown.
- Sear steak in brown butter, 2-3 minutes a side, flipping once (for a thinner steak, try 1-2 minutes per side).
- During the last minute of searing on the second side, sprinkle the top of the steak with truffle salt, minced garlic, and top with lemon thyme sprigs.
- Remove from heat, and place skillet in the oven.
- Roast the steak for 10-15 minutes (for a thinner steak, try 7-10 minutes).
- Remove steak from oven, and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Brown Butter