cloves Garlic, minced
teaspoon Truffle Salt
bunch Lemon Thyme
pounds Hanger Steak
tablespoon Salted Butter
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to roast at 400.
- Rinse steak under cool water, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Carefully trim any silver skin from the steak.
- Slow cooking will melt the tough tissue away, but when grilling, searing, or broiling, you want to make sure that this part of the meat is removed.
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or other oven-safe skillet) over medium heat.
- Add pasture butter to skillet, and cook until butter starts to brown.
- Sear steak in brown butter, 2-3 minutes a side, flipping once (for a thinner steak, try 1-2 minutes per side).
- During the last minute of searing on the second side, sprinkle the top of the steak with truffle salt, minced garlic, and top with lemon thyme sprigs.
- Remove from heat, and place skillet in the oven.
- Roast the steak for 10-15 minutes (for a thinner steak, try 7-10 minutes).
- Remove steak from oven, and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Brown Butter