If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this recipe with bagels, apple butter, and cream cheese in mind. I liked the sound of the combination. Not too sweet, but not too tart. Brush it with nutty browned butter, and it's just perfect. —Rachel Jean Alyssa Cardoza
tablespoon active dry yeast
cup lukewarm water
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the yeast.
- Pour in the lukewarm water.
- Knead dough until soft.
- Let dough sit in a warm place, covered with a tea towel, until it has risen twice it's height.
ounces cream cheese
granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Punch dough, divide into two balls, and roll out on a floured surface.
- Spread each ball of dough with cream cheese and sliced apples.
- Roll dough, beginning from the top, like a jelly roll.
- Using a knife, slice dough into smaller rolls.
- Lay each bun/roll on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- While the buns are baking, melt butter until it bubbles and becomes flecked with brown freckles. This is your brown butter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Once buns are finished, remove from oven and brush with brown butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar before the brown butter dries.