If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes you just have to treat yourself...buttery avocado with a hint of cumin and, well, more butter...what could be better? —aaCooks
Serves 2 (if you share)
- 1 Firm Avocado
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Queso Fresco
- 1 teaspoon Grapeseed Oil
- Carefully slice the avocado evenly in half and remove pit.
- Heat a cast iron pan until hot, swirl in grapeseed oil, and place avocado, meat side down in pan. Turn to low and let sit while you toast butter.
- In a small pan, heat butter on medium high until foaming. Be careful not to burn butter, turn to low if bubbles start sputtering excessively. Just when butter begins to turn brown, swirl in cumin and then vinegar. Let cook one more minute, then remove from heat.
- Remove avocado from cast iron pan and place on plate. Pour browned butter into pitt cavity of each side evenly...Grate a little queso fresco on top, and eat with a spoon.