If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes you just have to treat yourself...buttery avocado with a hint of cumin and, well, more butter...what could be better? —aaCooks
Serves 2 (if you share)
- 1 Firm Avocado
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Grapeseed Oil
- Queso Fresco
- Carefully slice the avocado evenly in half and remove pit.
- Heat a cast iron pan until hot, swirl in grapeseed oil, and place avocado, meat side down in pan. Turn to low and let sit while you toast butter.
- In a small pan, heat butter over medium high heat. Don't let it burn! If it begins to sputter excessively, turn heat to low. Once butter begins to turn brown and smell nutty, swirl in cumin and then vinegar. Let cook one more minute and then remove from heat.
- Place avocado on small plate flesh side up. Pour brown butter into each pit cavity evenly and then grate some queso fresco over. Eat with a spoon!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Brown Butter