If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up in Minnesota my aunt figured out this recipe for Marshall Fields mint chocolates. They sold them only at Christmastime. Each of the women in the family developed their own variation. But whichever variation it was.....they were always my favorite. —caits
Makes: 40 candies
pound almond bark
pound dark baking chocolate
teaspoons mint flavoring or liquor (flavor to taste)
- Set out the candy cups on a baking sheet.
- Crush the oreos and set aside.
- Melt the almond bark and chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat.
- Once the chocolate has melted, add the mint flavoring (you can substitute a drop of peppermint essential oil for the flavoring) and crushed oreos.
- You should have a runny and rather lumpy looking candy mixture. If you want a rounder candy add extra crushed oreo. Spoon teaspoonfuls of the candy mixture into the cups and chill for three hours.