If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
For the filling
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/3 cup crumbled bread
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes (for the topping)
- 1 cup grated parmesan (for the topping)
For the crepes (about 8″ in diameter)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/3 teaspoon salt and a pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- For the crepes
- Beat the eggs and set aside.
- In a bowl put the flour and ½ cup milk.
- Add beaten eggs, salt and pepper.
- Bring a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot brush the bottom with butter.
- Add approximately 2-3 tablespoons of batter, rotate the skillet to spread the batter. Cook until crepe starts to turn light golden brown and turn it over to cook the other side Usually the second side needs less time.
- Continue until the batter is gone.
- For the filling
- Bring a saucepan over high heat and pour olive oil. When olive oil is hot add chopped onion and stir until onion wilted.
- Add ground beef and using a fork press and stir ground beef until is brown and completely crumbled.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and 2/3 cup water.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for for 15’.
- Add salt, pepper, cumin and cinnamon and cook for 5’.
- Let filling cool for a while and add the egg and parmesan. If some liquid has remain add crumbled bread.
- Preheat the oven to 380º F.
- To shape crepes into cannelloni, put 1 tablespoon of filling on the middle of a crepe, lift the sides over the filling and roll it over.
- Oil a baking pan and lay cannelloni.
- Cover with crushed tomatoes, sprinkle on a little bit salt and pepper and bake for 15’. Sprinkle on parmesan and bake for 5’.