If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: So delightful on a chilly autumn/ winter night! —Jenna
- 2 pieces celery
- 1 cup white or yellow onion
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 2 pounds pastene whole, peeled tomatoes
- Chop the celery, onion and garlic and sautée with olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Once translucent, add 1-2 tablespoons of flour to create a rue.
- Use your hands to crush the whole tomatoes and slowly add to the saucepan with the celery, onion and garlic.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Pour into a large mixing bowl or another pot - ladle the soup into a blender (about 1/3 of the blender at a time). Once puréed, place back on heat.
- Continue adding to the blender until the entire pot is puréed. Bring back to a simmer, serve & enjoy! (If you want to indulge, sprinkle fresh Parmesan & Romano cheese on top & serve with toasted, roasted garlic baguette).
More Great Recipes: Soups