Author Notes: One of our favorite ways to warm up on chilly days is with a little extra dose of spice. So this month, we’re sharing a whole lineup of simple gift ideas, cozy snacks, and steaming sips centered around harissa.
This addictive, delicately spicy chocolate bark recipe is SO simple. And so delicious. Plus, you’ll probably have leftover harissa almonds, so we’re taking care of snacktime, too. —CAVA
bags semi-sweet or dark chocolate morsels
bag unsalted roasted almonds, roughly chopped
tablespoons Cava Harissa
sea salt, to taste
- Sauté almonds and harissa in a small saucepan over medium heat until harissa has coated almonds, everything’s lightly toasted, and most of the residual oil has cooked off.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Carefully heat chocolate morsels over low heat in a double-boiler. Stir often, until chocolate has melted.
- It’s very important to heat the chocolate very slowly, as this will temper it and allow it to retain that cracking, non-melty consistency when you’re finished with the bark.
- Once the chocolate has melted, pour it over the parchment paper and use a spatula to evenly spread the chocolate. Moving quickly, sprinkle the almonds evenly across the chocolate, and zest an orange over the surface. Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt. Place bark in the fridge or the freezer until hardened.
- Share with friends and family, or keep it to yourself!