If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This time of year, that extra little pick-me-up in your day could be as simple as the aromas of cinnamon or nutmeg wafting through the air. Next time you want to take your hummus to the next level, let this recipe be your secret weapon. Eat your heart out, pumpkin spice lattes. —Cava Grill
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (either rinsed fresh ones from your jack-o-lantern or store-bought)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, roughly chopped
- 1 package Cava Traditional Hummus
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Stir cumin, turmeric, cayenne, pepper, and sea salt together. In a medium bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with olive oil and spice blend. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until very lightly browned. In the meantime, heat the coconut oil (or butter) and sugar over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add pecan halves, and cook, stirring often (this mixture can easily start to burn, so be very mindful of keeping the nuts moving), until sugar mixture has coated the pecans and they’re lightly toasted.