If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very hearty Roman style pasta dish. Serve with a green salad. Nice paired with either a nice chianti or a crisp pinot grigio. —Philip Tucker
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 clove garlic (more or less to taste)
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 1 pound farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 8 ounces shredded parmesan
- Boil water for pasta; continue recipe while waiting. Cook pasta, drain when done. Toss with a bit of the olive oil.
- Remove sausage casings. Heat a large skillet. Add remaining olive oil at medium heat. Add garlic, sauté a minute or two, then crumble sausage into oil. Move around till cooked, add butter and melt, then lower heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Wash broccoli rabe, and coarsely cut up; I generally cut each stem into 3 pieces. Put on top of sausage mixture and cover. Once it wilts a bit, stir it together. Cook until broccoli rabe is done to your liking.
- Add sausage mixture to pasta and toss with 1/2 of the parmesan. Serve immediately with remaining parmesan on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Thing You Ate This Year
More Great Recipes: Entrees