If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
For the Earl Grey tea-infused gin and beer syrup:
- 15 used Earl Grey tea bags
- 1 bottle gin (we used Greenhook Ginsmiths American Dry Gin)
- Leftover flat beer
- 1 to 2 ribbons orange zest
- 1 splash vanilla extract
- Sugar, to taste
- For the Earl Grey tea-infused gin: Take 15 used Earl Grey tea bags and infuse one bottle of gin for up to 1 hour, depending preferred strength of the infusion. The goal is to extract color, flavor, and a bit of the tea's tannins. If you infuse for too long, the gin will become too astringent—so tasting along the way is recommended. When finished infusing, remove the tea bags and squeeze out any excess gin from the bags. Filter the gin through a fine mesh strainer if any of the tea bags should break open.
- For the beer syrup: Bring the beer to a simmer along with a ribbon or two of orange zest and a splash of vanilla. Reduce the mixture by half. Add sugar to taste. Let cool before using.
For the whey punch:
- 1 1/2 ounces Earl Grey tea-infused Greenhook Ginsmiths American Dry Gin
- 1/2 ounce beer syrup
- 1 ounce yogurt whey
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce Greenhook Ginsmiths Beach Plum Gin Liqueur
- Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice except the Beach Plum Liqueur. Shake vigorously and strain over fresh ice.
- Float the Beach Plum Liqueur over the top of the drink.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!