If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With cookies and candy abounding during the holidays, take a healthy break and enjoy a sweet and tart cranberry vinaigrette with some spicy winter greens. —Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
- 1 1/2 cups pure no-sugar-added cranberry juice*
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup thawed frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely minced red onion
- In a food processor combine everything except the red onion. Process on low until all of the ingredients have emulsified (a.k.a. turned creamy and even in texture) and the cranberry is broken up into pieces that are about the size of fresh ground pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette into a dressing bottle, add 1 tsp of finely minced red onion and lightly shake to combine.
- Serve immediately or store up to one week in the refrigerator. Shake vigorously between uses. *Recommended brands are Lakewood Organic and R.W. Knudsen. A cranberry cocktail like Ocean Spray won't work for this recipe as it is less concentrated.