Author Notes: This dead-simple, impressively-gooey cake is adapted from Lucy's Bakes by Lucy Cufflin (Hardie Grant, 2015). —Ali Slagle
Makes: one 8-inch round cake (8 to 10 slices)
grams (3/4 cup) superfine sugar
grams (6 ounces) butter, at room temperature
grams (12 ounces) lemon curd (or freshly made)
grams (scant 2 cups) self-rising flour
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C). Line an 8-inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the sugar and butter until well mixed, then add half the jar of lemon curd. Mix well.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Sift over the flour and fold in using a metal spoon.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared pan, then drop teaspoons of the remaining lemon curd randomly over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Leave the cake to cool in the pan. Turn out, remove the baking paper, and dust with sifted confectioners' sugar.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!