If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dead-simple, impressively-gooey cake is adapted from Lucy's Bakes by Lucy Cufflin (Hardie Grant, 2015). —Ali Slagle
Makes one 8-inch round cake (8 to 10 slices)
- 175 grams (3/4 cup) superfine sugar
- 175 grams (6 ounces) butter, at room temperature
- 340 grams (12 ounces) lemon curd (or freshly made)
- 3 eggs
- 225 grams (scant 2 cups) self-rising flour
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C). Line an 8-inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the sugar and butter until well mixed, then add half the jar of lemon curd. Mix well.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Sift over the flour and fold in using a metal spoon.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared pan, then drop teaspoons of the remaining lemon curd randomly over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Leave the cake to cool in the pan. Turn out, remove the baking paper, and dust with sifted confectioners' sugar.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: