If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Flavorful spiced persimmon and creamy ricotta top flaky puff pastry for an elegant dessert that will brighten winter tables. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- ½ cups Ricotta full fat ricotta
- 1 tablespoon Plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, grated
- 1/2 Vanilla extract
- 2-3 Persimmons, sliced thinly on a mandolin
- 1 Sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon Cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- ½ tablespoons Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, mix together ricotta, yogurt, honey, ginger, and vanilla extract.
- Spread puff pastry onto a baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, score a ½ inch border around the sides to make an edge. Be careful not to cut all the way through the dough.
- Spread ricotta mixture evenly inside the border of the puff pastry.
- Start by placing persimmons along one edge of the pastry (within the border), overlapping by almost ½. Weave rows back and forth until pastry dough is covered.
- Place pieces of butter evenly on top of persimmons, then sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until pastry dough is golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving