If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ok, here’s the plan: Make a giant batch of this popcorn and then binge on all the best holiday flicks. Looking for a more lasting gift idea? You can also bag the spice blend here, and pair it with a jar of popcorn kernels and a package of our Cava Harissa. Popcorn whenever the mood strikes! —Cava Grill
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground caraway
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Cava Harissa
- Stir together the cumin, coriander, caraway, paprika, and red pepper flakes.
- Heat canola oil and harissa in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring the harissa to blend it evenly with the oil in the pan. Add three kernels of popcorn to the oil. Allow all three kernels to pop, and then add the rest of the popcorn.
- Pull the saucepan away from the heat and shift the pan back and forth for 30 seconds, moving all of the kernels around the pan. This part will help all of the kernels reach the same temperature, so they’ll pop evenly and help to alleviate burnt kernels.
- After 30 seconds, place pan back on the burner and cover with a lid. Agitate occasionally as popcorn begins to pop. Keep pan on the heat until the popping sounds slow to a near halt. Remove from the eat and immediately toss with the spice mixture. Add extra sea salt to your taste. Enjoy!