If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My all time favorite cookies where the olive oil taste matches perfectly the orange and cinnamon flavor. My mom used to make them all the time and helped her by eating them :P Don't know why they never come as perfectly as when mom bakes them, maybe they lack mom's touch or she has a secret that hasn't shared with me yet. Anyway they're still very nice and somehow healthy :) —Ejona Varangu
Makes 35 cookies
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1.25 cups brown sugar
- 1.5 Oranges (zest and juice)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Brown sugar or, dried fruits to sprinkle
- A pinch of salt
- 2 & 3/4 cups All purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a big bowl mix floor, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, clove and orange zest and mix well.
- In another bowl mix the olive oil with sugar and orange juice.
- Pour the dry ingredients' mixture to the wet ingredients mixture and mix well.
- Shape the cookies using an ice-cream scooper
- Flaten them a bit with the back of a spoon and sprinkle with brown sugar, or chopped dried fruits.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 min.
- Enjoy :)
More Great Recipes: Cookies