If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Another heavenly ice cream concoction by Jeni Britton Bauer. —goodgalsasha
- 200 milliliters whole milk
- 380 milliliters heavy cream
- 215 grams sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 50 grams cream cheese
- 20 grams cocoa powder
- 25 grams vanilla marshmallows
- 30 grams dark chocolate
- 45 grams roasted smoked almonds
- For the caramel ripple sprinkle 100gr sugar evenly over the bottom of a heavy-duty 4-quart saucepan, set it over low heat and cook barely stirring only when the inner layer of sugar starts to melt, mix the liquified sugar with the crystallized sugar on top of it very gently. Don't overstir. When all of the sugar is liquified, continue cooking on low stirring until the caramel is penny-bronze in color. Take off heat, slowly add 180ml heavy cream a little at a time, stirring constantly until fully incorporated. If there are any lumps of hardened caramel left, return to low heat and stir until completely melted. Take off heat, add a pinch of salt, cool to room temperature and store in a sealed jug until ready to use.
- For the chocolate sauce in a small saucepan combine 80ml water, 45gr sugar and sifted unsweetened cocoa powder, cook on medium 2-3min until smooth. Take off heat, add the chopped dark chocolate, leave to fully dissolve, then return to medium heat, stir until smooth and take off heat.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 50ml whole milk, leave to rest.
- For the ice cream base in another saucepan combine the leftover milk, 200ml heavy cream, 70gr sugar and a pinch of salt, stir, place on medium heat, bring to an almost boil, add the cornstarch milk and cook constantly stirring until thickened. Take off heat, add the cream cheese and the chocolate sauce, mix until glossy and smooth. Cool to room temperature, then transfer into the fridge overnight.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions, adding mini marshmallows and chopped almonds at the last couple of minutes of churning. Transfer into an airtight container, swirling in pockets of the caramel sauce (use half the amount that you prepared) and store in the freezer for at least 4 hours until firm enough to scoop.