If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 200 milliliters whole milk
- 380 milliliters heavy cream
- 325 grams sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 50 grams cream cheese
- 40 grams cocoa powder
- 60 grams dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 45 grams sifted all-purpose flour
- For the caramel ripple sprinkle 100gr sugar evenly over the bottom of a heavy-duty 4-quart saucepan, set it over low heat and cook barely stirring only when the inner layer of sugar starts to melt, mix the liquified sugar with the crystallized sugar on top of it very gently. When all of the sugar is liquified, continue cooking on low stirring until the caramel is penny-bronze in color. Take off heat, slowly add 180ml heavy cream a little at a time, stirring constantly until fully incorporated. If there are any lumps of hardened caramel left, return to low heat and cook stirring until completely melted. Take off heat, add a pinch of salt, cool to room temperature and store in a sealed jug until ready to use.
- For the small batch fudge brownies melt together 30gr dark chocolate, unsalted butter in a glass or metal bowl in a Bain Marie set over a pot of simmering water. When the chocolate and the butter have melted completely, take the bowl off the Bain Marie, stir in 100gr sugar, 1/6tsp salt, 1 large egg, 20gr sifted cocoa powder and the sifted flour, stir until smooth. Transfer to a 10x10cm buttered and parchment-lined pan. Bake at 175°C for 20 minutes.
- For the chocolate sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat combine 80ml water, 45gr sugar, 20gr sifted cocoa powder, cook 2min stirring until uniform. Add 30gr chopped dark chocolate, cook until completely melted and glossy.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 50ml whole milk, leave to rest.
- In another small saucepan over medium heat combine 200ml heavy cream, the leftover milk, 80gr sugar, pinch salt, stir, bring to an almost boil, add the cornstarch milk and cook constantly stirring until thickened. Take off heat, add the cream cheese and the chocolate sauce, stir until smooth and combined. Cool to room temperature, then transfer into the fridge overnight.
- Freeze the ice cream according to the manufacturer's instructions adding small, uniformly cut cubes of brownies (a little less than a half of the amount you prepared) at the last couple of minutes of churning. Store in an airtight container swirling in pockets of the caramel sauce (a little less than a half the amount you prepared) and store in the freezer for at least 4hours until firm enough to scoop.