If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by a small vintage "Volcanic Flame" coloured skillet I found at a thrift store, I was determined to come up with a delicious vegan skillet cookie. After a short consultation with a couple of skillet cookie recipes (namely from abeautifulmess.com & vanillacrunnch.com), I developed my own take on this timeless & popular recipe. —KrisW
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Flax Meal, mixed w/ 3 tbsp water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pinch Fine Grain Salt
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut, shredded & unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (dairy-free/vegan)
- 1/2 cup Spelt Flour
- Heat oven to 350C & lightly grease cast-iron (oven safe!) skillet (mine was about 6", but an 8" skillet should also work) with coconut oil.
- Mix flax meal with water and set aside while you mix together other ingredients.
- Put flour, baking soda, & salt into a small mixing bowl and stir together.
- Cream almond butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, & coconut oil together. After add flax mixture and stir well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix together (don't over mix). Fold in shredded coconut & chocolate chips.
- Place cookie dough in skillet and smooth out with spatula.
- Put skillet into oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until top is set and slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place skillet on cooling rack until cool. Serve warm w/ vegan ice cream or other toppings.
- Note: Don't over bake this cookie (even when a toothpick is inserted it may have a few crumbs) -- this is o.k. because while the cookie has a "crust" the inside will be softer and more crumbly. A perfect mix of cookie textures!