If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Barely adapted from Olga & Pavel Syutkin's CCCP Cook Book, this recipe for Stolichny Salad is an update on the traditional Olivier Salad, and "a symbol of Soviet cuisine." —Amanda Sims
grams cooked dark-meat chicken
grams tinned green peas
vinegar-based hot sauce like tobasco
- Rinse the potatoes and carrots, but don't peel them. Place them in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to a boil, and simmer for 40 to 60 minutes until tender. Remove vegetables from the stock and allow to cool.
- Place the eggs into the salted boiling water and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes; transfer to a bowl of cold water to cool, then peel off shells.
- Peel the potatoes, carrot, and onion, and cut into small uniform cubes, along with the eggs, pickles, and chicken. Combine in a bowl with the green peas. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Season with mayonnaise , stir, and let stand to allow the flavors to combine. Mix in hot sauce to taste before serving, with crackers and more pickles.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!