Barely adapted from Olga & Pavel Syutkin's CCCP Cook Book, this recipe for Stolichny Salad is an update on the traditional Olivier Salad, and "a symbol of Soviet cuisine."
Barely adapted from Olga & Pavel Syutkin's CCCP Cook Book, this recipe for Stolichny Salad is an update on the traditional Olivier Salad, and "a symbol of Soviet cuisine."—Amanda Sims
grams cooked dark-meat chicken
grams tinned green peas
vinegar-based hot sauce like tobasco
- Rinse the potatoes and carrots, but don't peel them. Place them in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to a boil, and simmer for 40 to 60 minutes until tender. Remove vegetables from the stock and allow to cool.
- Place the eggs into the salted boiling water and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes; transfer to a bowl of cold water to cool, then peel off shells.
- Peel the potatoes, carrot, and onion, and cut into small uniform cubes, along with the eggs, pickles, and chicken. Combine in a bowl with the green peas. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Season with mayonnaise , stir, and let stand to allow the flavors to combine. Mix in hot sauce to taste before serving, with crackers and more pickles.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!