If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Cream Cheese Iced Red Velvet "Waffle Rolls" from Picky Palate are the perfect solution for brunch with family and friends this holiday season! Not only is this recipe simple, but made super convenient with Fleischmann’s RapidRise Yeast. With only one rise time, you can save time in the kitchen by preparing the dough in advance, refrigerating overnight and baking when ready in the morning for a delicious, no-hassle brunch recipe! Photography and recipe adaptation courtesy of Jenny F. from Picky Palate. —Erin F.
Red Velvet Waffle Rolls
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 packet Fleischmann’s RapidRise Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon red food coloring
Cream Cheese Icing
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat waffle iron to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, dry yeast and salt in a large mixer bowl and stir until blended. Place milk, water and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 15 second increments until very warm but not hot to the touch (120° to 130°F. Butter won’t melt completely). Add to flour mixture with red food coloring and egg. Mix for 2 minutes at medium speed of stand mixer with dough hook attached, scraping bowl occasionally. Dough will form into a ball. Continue mixing for 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured countertop and press out to 1/2 inch thick rectangle, about 9×13 inches. Cut into 8 equal parts and press each part into a round. Place each dough round into waffle maker and cook for 1 minute, until cooked through. Remove and continue with remaining dough rounds. Place onto serving plate.
- Combine all frosting ingredients (start with 1 tablespoon milk and add more if needed) in a large bowl and beat until creamy. Drizzle over waffle rolls to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Thing You Ate This Year
More Great Recipes: Breakfast & Brunch