If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's a kicked up "Adult" Grilled Cheese Sandwich! The surprise comes with thinly sliced apples, a mix of three cheeses and crisped bacon on buttered multi-grain bread. We serve up to 60 of these, using local cheeses, on weekends in the Commons at Grace Farms. —Neena Perez, Grace Farms Foundation
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup EVOO
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon aioli
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper each
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 ounces challerhocker cheese, grated
- 3 ounces extra sharp cheddar, grated
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 slices of vine ripe tomato
- 1/4 honey crisp apple sliced thin
- 3 pieces of bacon, crisped
- Place the garlic, mustard, and egg in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. Process until evenly combined, about 10 seconds. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil in a thin stream, followed by the grapeseed or vegetable oil, until completely combined, about 2 minutes. Stop the processor, add the lemon juice, season with salt, and pulse until thoroughly mixed. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, then pulse until all ingredients are evenly incorporated. Let sit for at least 30-40 minutes before using.
- Directions for Sandwich Lay slices of bread on a board and spread each one lightly with butter. Flip the slices and spread each one generously with the aioli mixture. Grate the cheeses in a food processor fitted with the largest grating disk and combine. Pile 1/3 cup grated cheese evenly on top of one of the slices of bread then top with (bacon/tomato and apple) and top with the remaining cheeses, bread slice, aioli side down, so the buttered side is exposed. When the flat top is hot, heat a bit more butter and cook the sandwiches for 3 to 5 minutes until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted flip to allow bread to toast on other side. Allow cooling for 2 minutes. Cut in half and serve warm and gooey .