If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the first Christmas since my father died. I feel so sad. Yesterday my daughter and I started the croissants my mom used to make on Christmas. This morning I saw apples and decided to make my father's famous fried apples. No matter how many he made, it wasn't enough. —luvcookbooks
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Fresh young ginger, minced
- 4 Apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Star anise
- 1 Bay leaf
- Nutmeg, whole
- Dark brown sugar
- Melt butter and warm the ginger. Add apples, bay leaf, star anise and a bit of dark brown sugar. It should taste spicy and herby more than sweet. Sauté gently. My son likes crunchy and I like soft, so I make some thin chunks and some thick ones.
- When done to your liking, pile onto a platter and dust w freshly grated nutmeg. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe that Cleans Out the Fridge