If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is perfect for a cold winter lunch or dinner. It's easy to make and it's healthy. Low sodium and low fat. Check out SoulfulSouth.com for more recipes like it. —Alchemist
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken, bone-in, skin removed
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles, cut in half
- In a 5 liter slow cooker, add the celery, carrots, onion, garlic cloves and chicken. Cover with water and mix in salt and black pepper. Cover and cook on low for at least 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, strain the slow cooker liquid into a large pot. REMEMBER TO SAVE THE CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES in the slow cooker. Bring the liquid to a boil and stir in spaghetti noodles. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the pasta is simmering, remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Use two forks to pull the chicken apart.
- Pour the spaghetti noodles and liquid back into the slow cooker. Mix the pasta, chicken and vegetables.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe that Cleans Out the Fridge