If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a typical dessert in Peru and many Latin American countries, it's our version of a sandwich cookie. It has the best caramel filling and it dissolves in your mouth! —Antonella Lavaggi
Makes 60 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 100 grams Vegetable shortening
- 100 grams Butter (room temperture)
- 1/2 cup Icing sugar
- 400 grams Caramel (dulce de leche)
- Icing sugar to dust
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F
- In a food processor combine flour, shortening, butter and sugar and mix until a dough starts to form
- Take out the dough and roll out to 4mm thick, then cut in small circles and transfer to a lined baking tray. Cook at 325°F for 15 - 18 minutes until the edges have a golden colour
- Let them cool, sandwich them with dulce de leche and add some icing sugar on top
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe that Cleans Out the Fridge