If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 200 milliliters whole milk
- 200 milliliters heavy cream
- 130 grams sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 50 grams cream cheese
- 1,5 tablespoons rye whisky
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 125 grams rye brown bread
- 1,5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- For the caramelized bread crumbs toss the rye bread crumbs with 50gr sugar, pinch of salt, the cinnamon powder and the melted butter, mix, spread on a baking sheet and bake at 180C for 20-30min until crispy but chewy, mixing 2-3 times while baking. Take out and cool.
- In a hot dry skillet toast the crushed coriander and caraway seeds until fragrant 1 minute max whilst constantly stirring to not let them burn. Take off heat.
- For the ice cream dissolve the cornstarch in 50ml whole milk, leave to rest.
- In a small saucepan combine the heavy cream, the leftover milk, 80gr sugar, a pinch of salt and the toasted spices, stir, bring to an almost boil and leave covered to steep 1 hour. Then sieve the mixture, return it into a clean saucepan, reheat to an almost boil again, add the cornstarch milk and cook constantly stirring until thickened. Take off heat, add the cream cheese and the rye whisky, mix until smooth. Cool to room temperature then transfer to the fridge overnight.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions adding the caramelized bread crumbs at the last couple of minutes of churning. Store in an airtight container in the freezer or spoon right away.
- Pair with beetroot and sour cream ice creams for the a killer russian flavor pairing.