If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This versatile, fresh and healthy dish is certain to please any crowd for any meal. You can substitute any vegetables for asparagus (zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower). —Robin's Table
- 1 1/2 cups diced potatoes (any variety)
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (any variety)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough portions of stems removed. cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan or asiago cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley or basil or chives or combination of all three
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil and 3 tablespoons of butter in 10-12 inch sauté pan that is oven safe (up to 350 degrees).
- Sauté potatoes until soft.
- Add remaining vegetables and sauté until soft. Turn off heat.
- Melt remaining 5 tablespoons of butter; let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, cheese, melted butter, herbs, salt and pepper (to taste) until well combined and frothy.
- Combine baking powder and flour. Sprinkle over the egg mixture and pour entire egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake in oven until brown and fluffed – about 45-55 minutes.