If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Its a christmas rum cake filled with rum soaked fruits (black raisins, raisins, cranberries) and candied orange peel. You can make this weeks in advance and keep brushing it with some rum/ brandy to enhance the flavour of the cake!!! —lilcupcakemonkey
Makes 6 mini cakes of 4.5 inch.
Rum Soaked fruits
- 150 grams Black Raisins
- 100 grams Raisins
- 150 grams Dry Chopped Cranberries
- 750 milliliters Rum/Brandy
- Clean, sterilize and dry a jar of about a litre. arrange the fruits in layers of black raisins, raisins and cranberries.
- Fill the bottle upto 3/4th or the height of the fruits. Close the cap of the jar and place it in a cool dry place. You can keep it from 2 weeks to 6-9 months.
- turn the bottle around atleast once a day so the fruits soak evenly.
Christmas Plum Cake
- 250 grams All Purpose Flour
- 200 grams Butter
- 4 Large Eggs
- 250 grams Dark Brown Sugar
- 150 grams White Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ginger Powder
- 50 grams Candied Orange Peel (Chopped)
- 0.5 teaspoons Nutmeg Powder
- 125 milliliters Rum
- 60 milliliters Milk
- 100 grams Icing Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Warm Water
- Before you start the cake, you need to do 2 things -Drain the fruits on a sieve and let the alcohol run out of the rum soaked fruits. -Make Caramel: Heat up the dark brown sugar with 60ml water until completely dissolved. Let it cool
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Butter the tins and coat them with flour.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in one egg at a time.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder, ginger powder and nutmeg
- Add the rum and vanilla. Mix well.Add the milk and mix well until completely incorporated.
- Once baked let it cool on a cooling rack.
- Glaze: In a large bowl, Sift the icing sugar and add the warm water. The water is added as you like for the consistency. I also layered it with a coat of the leftover Royal Icing (Optional)