If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is ridiculously hearty and is my daughter's favorite topping for pasta. And it makes the house smell delicious- if you're into that whole "house smelling like food and not a girly candle" sort of thing. —Smelky
- 1 pound ground beef- I use 15/85.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup fresh, chopped basil
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh, chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2-3 tablespoons EEVO
- 1/4-1/3 cups fresh mozzerella cheese
- 1-2 pinches S and P
- In a medium pan, heat up your EEVO on medium-high heat. When hot, add chopped garlic and onions. Saute until golden. turn heat to medium and add anchovy fillet and capers. Smush the capers with the back of a spoon and stir and cook until anchovy is dissolved into the lusciousness of the onions and garlic. (do not eat all of this now- you will want to- but just exhibit a wee bit of self-control.)
- Spoon the onion mixture into a bowl to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add your ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, cream, fresh basil, fresh parsley, and parmesan cheese. When onion mixture is fairly cool, add to ground beef. Season with S and P. Mix well.
- Shape beef mixture into smallish patties in the palm of your hand. In the middle, place a small piece of fresh mozzarella cheese. Fold the rest of the patty over the mozzarella to cover it completely and form a fabulous meatball. Set aside and do the same with the rest of the mixture until you have used it all.
- Return the same pan that you prepared the onions and garlic, to medium heat. If necessary, add a little more EEVO. When the pan is hot, add your meatballs. You have to stay with them during this part, and turn them, so that all sides get to a lovely, medium brown, sealing in the cheese and moisture. Once all side are brown, turn heat off.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet and finish in the oven at 350 for about 15 or so minutes.
- Serve meatballs hot, with your favorite sauce or in a sandwich.