If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this recipe for one of my gourmet club meals, where we had to remake a disliked food. I do not enjoy eggs, ever since a highly memorable childhood experience. These potato-cheese eggs were a hit! An easy gluten-free appetizer. —reahpeah
- 3-4 potatoes
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1/2 cup hard cheese (e.g. parmesan)
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- 2-3 sweet potatoes, cooked
- 2 teaspoons truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (optional)
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- The Base: Slice potatoes into 1/2 inch thick slabs. Toss in 2 T olive oil, salt pepper Bake in oven at 375 until cooked. Set aside until cool.
- The white: Combine ricotta, hard cheese, truffle oil, salt and pepper.
- The yoke: Puree sweet potato in blender until smooth Add truffle oil, rest of olive oil, s&p, cream.
- Assembly: On a cooked potato slab, add a layer of the ricotta mixture. Using a separate spoon, add a heaping teaspoon of the sweet potato. Repeat. Arrange on platter, top with smoked paprika, chives, freshly ground pepper.